rawhide report: 20101030 changes

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Sat Oct 30 19:57:59 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 08:50:55PM +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-10-30 at 14:27 -0400, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> > Will the corresponding Obsoletes/Provides be added to the libreoffice
> > subpackages, or do we need to modify our Requires?
>
> The libreoffice subpackages have the corresponding Obsoletes. Provides
> are not there, mostly because they'd generally be more harmful than
> useful as paths have changed and extensions need to reinstall into the
> right place, unless I go about the place faking up fragile links and
> layers of hackery. I've now (I think) rebuilt everything that has a
> requires on OOo
>
> > Why is there no announcement made for this?
>
> I did mention it back on the 4th that I intended to swap LibreOffice in
> for F-15, sorry I didn't make a more headline specific announce when it
> did land. Trying to do too many things at the same time.

  Could you point us to review of LibreOffice package?  According to
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2010-October/144107.html
you need full process for new package when changing upstream.

--
Tomasz Torcz               "Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl    wagon filled with backup tapes." -- Jim Gray