Putting cross compilers into Fedora

Andreas Schwab schwab at redhat.com
Wed Sep 1 15:16:26 UTC 2010

Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel at redhat.com> writes:

> Last time I did I had to (a) move stuff from $sysroot/usr/... to
> $sysroot/ to have compiler and linker find it.

Then your compiler/linker was misconfigured.

> Also fixup paths in the linker scripts (try 'cat /usr/lib64/libc.so').

If you configure your linker with a sysroot then it will take care of
absolute paths in linker scripts.

> Nothing really hard but needs to be done.

The only real problem are absolute symbolic links which need to be
changed to be relative (to the sysroot).

Andreas.

Andreas Schwab, schwab at redhat.com
GPG Key fingerprint = D4E8 DBE3 3813 BB5D FA84  5EC7 45C6 250E 6F00 984E