Starting Java SIG

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Sep 1 15:52:30 UTC 2010

On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 14:09:55 +0200
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com> wrote:

> Excerpts from Stanislav Ochotnicky's message of Mon Aug 30 16:17:40
> +0200 2010:
> > I'll be starting Java SIG wiki page soon, plus I guess we can peruse
> > java-devel mailing list for SIG discussions.
>
> In case you missed Alexander's mail the wiki is created [1]
>
> I am planning first IRC meeting. Proposed date/time/place:
>
> 6th September (Monday), 16:00 UTC (should be fine for US based people
> right?)
>

> Freenode, channel fedora-java (in case it gets too noisy, we can move
> elsewhere but I don't think that's gonna be the case). In case you
> want to attend let us know on [2]. In case you prefer different time,
> add it there also, maybe we can move it up/down or even to Tuesday if
> most people prefer.

You're of course free to meet anywhere you like, but you might consider
meeting in #fedora-meeting if it's not otherwise occupied at the time
you want to meet.

There are ~135 people who idle in that channel, so if you meet there,
new people can see what your group is doing, provide input if it's an
area they know well and also see your group and possibly join it if
they find it interesting. ;)

Just a thought. Good luck with the SIG! :)

kevin