fedora mission (was Re: systemd and changes)

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Wed Sep 1 16:36:06 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 12:13:04PM -0400, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> >> List those ways please, aside from the relationship with Red Hat/CentOS.
> > Why brush that aside?
> Because it is very obvious, and it also subjective as a pro or con.

But being obvious doesn't disqualify it -- it makes it, well, more obvious.
And the question isn't about pro or cons, it's about uniqueness.

> I would like to point out how nuanced and somewhat subjective the
> differences you stated are, even if I may agree with most of them.

Not counting that big one, maybe. :) But part of my point is: we don't need
to be dramatic about distinguishing ourselves from Ubuntu just for the sake
of doing that. I think there's room for both even with significant overlap
in mission.

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>