F14 youtube support?

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 22:11:11 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 10:32 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 08:59:21 +0300
> Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro> wrote:

> > > Well, the version of Mozilla Firefox in Fedora 14 should support
> > > WebM, so try this: http://www.youtube.com/html5
> >
> > This is incorrect, F14 is stuck with Firefox 3.6.x, which is unable
> > of WebM playback, so for HTML5 support on YouTube the solution is to
> > use either Epiphany or a Firefox 4 build from Remi's repo.
>
> I'll note that midori also does html5. ;)

And I'll note that in addition to WebM it can also do H264 (with the
usual gst codecs from the third party repo mentioned elsewhere in this
thread installed) which makes a huge difference as a huge portion of
youtube videos hasn't been converted to WebM yet (not sure how many
exactly -- are there any stats available?).

And in regard to the original question. Have you tried swfdec-mozilla?
It used to work just fine on youtube for me (but I've switched to flash
from adobe long ago enough for things to have changed...).

Martin