F14 youtube support?

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Sun Sep 5 23:01:16 UTC 2010

Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> 2010/9/5 Andre Robatino <robatino <at> fedoraproject.org>:
> > Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> Thanks! It almost woks now (nspluginwrapper.i686 was missing I had
> >> only x86_64 version) - video works well, but I don't hear any audio. I
> >> can play music through Amarok and I can control sound volume. I can't
> >> do this for Firefox - it seems to be muted. Am I missing something?
> >
> > Make sure you have installed all the i686 packages listed here:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flash#32_bit_wrapped_version
>
> I think that's the problem. When I try to install missing libcurl
>
> sudo yum install flash-plugin nspluginwrapper.x86_64
> nspluginwrapper.i686 alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.i686     libcurl.i686
>
> I get
>
> package krb5-libs-1.7.1-13.fc13.x86_64 (which is newer than
> krb5-libs-1.7.1-10.fc13.i686) is already installed
>
> I tried to skip krb5-libs
>
> sudo yum install flash-plugin nspluginwrapper.x86_64
> nspluginwrapper.i686 alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.i686     libcurl.i686 -x
> krb5-libs --skip-broken
>
> but it also does not work. So I think that I need to wait for a while :)
>
> I could swear that a few years ago flash installation was a lot simpler.

Check the page again, I made several edits to the instructions to simplify them.
In particular, I broke the yum install into two separate commands, which avoids
the libstdc++ dependency problem that previously lead to the need to use
--exclude for the Adobe Reader. I also checked that in 64-bit Fedora 10, 11, 12,
and 13, installing the 32-bit nspluginwrapper automatically pulls in both the
32-bit libcurl (so you should already have that!) and the 32-bit libstdc++
(which will prevent Adobe Reader from getting pulled in). So the only Fedora
packages that need to be installed before flash-plugin are nspluginwrapper (both
32- and 64-bit) and alsa-plugins-pulseaudio (32-bit).