Release Notes Draft

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Tue Sep 7 13:25:22 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 09:01 -0400, Christopher Antila wrote:
> Hi John:
>
> I made changes to (i.e. "finally completed") the KDE portion of the
> wiki's "Desktop" beat a few days ago, and they are not in the draft.  I
> will add these to the git version today/tonight.  If there's anything
> that I need to know before doing this - like things that I need to do
> aside from downloading the repo, changing the file, then committing my
> changes, please let me know.

Of course you will want to build the en-US and make sure it builds
properly before committing the changes.

If you can get the changes committed before 0337Z, then they will show
up in the overnight POTs and draft build.

The POT update runs fairly quickly, so L10N should have those well
before 0400Z each day.  The draft build starts later and takes a while,
so the updated drafts on

http://fedorapeople.org/groups/docs/release-notes

won't show up until shortly after 0930Z.

I've made some other suggested changes and restarted the draft build
manually, and the link at

http://jjmcd.fedorapeople.org/Download/Release_Notes/

is now just a symlink to the groups/docs copy.

--McD