NM during install - howto setup on boot?

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Tue Sep 7 20:57:33 UTC 2010

Folks,

I was participating in the Systemd Fedora Test Day and installed the
latest Fedora 14 build. I found a few problems (I will file bugs) but
before I file a bug about NetworkManager, can someone please tell me how
I'm supposed to configure it during install such that the interface will
come up automatically on the *first* boot, without logging in?

I decided I'd give NM a chance to do this rather than replace it
instantly with "network", so I created a new connection in addition to
the "auto eth0" and added the appropriate parameters within Anaconda (by
running the NM configuration, through clicking "Advanced"). There did
not appear to be a "start on boot" option that I missed.

Any thoughts on what I missed?

Jon.