Linux and application installing

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 17:18:04 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> A patch would be lovely, but some sample code that renders a ttf file
> to a png file "The smart brown fox or whatever" using cairo is
> probably good enough for me to get going.

Just to be clear. When "users" want a to get a new font what is the
ideal software interaction path you expect them to take to find fonts?
 It's not clear that app-install is what you expect them to interact
with. I do sort of expect normal end-users to want additional fonts as
part of day to day document preparation and I wouldn't cast the search
for fonts as a power user or admin activity.

-jef