Linux and application installing

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Sep 9 11:28:27 UTC 2010

On 09/09/2010 01:24 PM, Alex Hudson wrote:

> A screenshot is marginally useful, but how do you give a good idea of
> how the font works in different weights, sizes, and with different text
> (particularly those fonts with good Unicode coverage)? I think it's
> sub-optimal to say the least.

You are going way to far here... for this purpose (normal users
installing fonts) a PNG with the standard "The brown fox..." text in
normal, bold and italic is enough.
Designers, who need the very last detail for a font before choosing it,
can use a "font store" and download the TTF file in ~/.fonts