CUPS problem

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 21:46:58 UTC 2010

Hi,

The following is in BZ : 632042

I'm seeing this with my Samsung ML2250 (my box is using Rawhide, updated
today 09/09/10) so it looks like the problem is not with hplip but with
CUPS or CUPS/Gutenprint

However, looking at koji, the last update to Cups was 20th Aug but I've
seen no reports of problems. Downgrading to a previous version of both
cups and gutenprint doesn't fix the problem either. Rewinding hplip to
the previous version (and rebuilding as it won't just install due to it
needing python 2.6) doesn't fix it either.

I'm starting to think this could be lower down - possibly either glib or
even the kernel (googling supports the kernel argument). There is
nothing untoward in the cup error log either which lends further support
to either the kernel or glib.

I'm still waiting on my password reset to come through so would
appreciate advice under what to log it as.

TTFN

Paul
--
Vertraue mir, ich weiss, was ich mache...