Linux and application installing

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Mon Sep 13 07:36:38 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 09/08/2010 02:43 PM, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 8 September 2010 13:16, Adam Williamson<awilliam at redhat.com>  wrote:
>> First off, I think this is a great idea and very much needed, thanks for
>> working on it.
>
> Cool, thanks. Some positive feedback at last! Too... much... stop... energy...

Oh,

But Adam is not the only one I love this idea too! And I would like to
think there are other silent admirers of this idea too!

I've even considered taken the review for the app data package and approving
it, but then decided that would only raise the controversy surrounding
the app data part.

FWIW I agree with you that for this to be truely user friendly the app
data needs to be present on the system when the user first starts the
app installer. Not sure if dropping it in a package is the best thing
to do though.

Regards,

Hans