Linux and application installing

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Mon Sep 13 20:49:48 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 09:36 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 09/08/2010 02:43 PM, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > On 8 September 2010 13:16, Adam Williamson<awilliam at redhat.com>  wrote:
> >> First off, I think this is a great idea and very much needed, thanks for
> >> working on it.
> >
> > Cool, thanks. Some positive feedback at last! Too... much... stop... energy...
> >

> Oh,
>
> But Adam is not the only one I love this idea too! And I would like to
> think there are other silent admirers of this idea too!

 There are a lot of non-silent admirers of this idea too! I love this
idea! All the yum developers and rel-eng love this idea! I've yet to
speak to anyone who doesn't love this idea!
 In fact this thread probably started because yum/rpm/etc. developers
had recently talked about "app. install" again, so Seth spent half a day
implementing a proof of concept:

http://skvidal.wordpress.com/2010/08/19/fedora-app-market-proof-of-concept/

 To repeat _nobody_, that I know of, is arguing that we shouldn't do
something. The problem is in rushing from there to "XYZ is something. We
should do XYZ."

James Antill - james at fedoraproject.org
"I'd just like to see a realistic approach to updates via
 packages." -- Les Mikesell