Meeting summary/minutes from today's FESCo meeting (2010-09-14)

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Sep 14 23:56:25 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 16:01 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> * #461 F14 blessing for systemd  (nirik, 20:12:29)
>   * LINK:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_initialization_basic
>     and http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_initialization_tools
>     (nirik, 20:38:06)
>   * ACTION: : will defer systemd to f15 release to give more time to
> fix
>     small issues and docs and general polish.  (nirik, 21:12:43)
>   * ACTION: notting will look at what's required to flip the default
> in
>     f14  (notting, 21:13:44)

Am I mistaken in thinking that this is largely a messaging issue for
Fedora 14?  What I mean is, the exciting work Lennart has done will be
available at release.  Based on the test day results, it will likely be
operational.  However, we may not have all the bells and whistles
(documentation and more complex use cases) at release, and therefore it
will not be the default init system.

Much like we introduced and communicated btrfs support in F-11, should
we communicate systemd as a technology preview in Fedora 14?

Thanks,
James