Meeting summary/minutes from today's FESCo meeting (2010-09-14)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 00:23:25 UTC 2010

2010/9/14 "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com>:
> Should gnome-shell and every other feature fall under "technology
> preview" and stay like that for sometime as well before becoming the
> default or does this just applied to certain features maintained by
> certain people. . .

I'm making lemonade out of lemons here.

I'm not stating an agreement or disagreement with the decision to
punt. What I am saying is that I am personally going to be using
systemd in an anticipation of and to what extent my usage can, hasten
it becoming the default.

And again.. without stating whether or not I agree or disagree with
this decision.. I will say its precedent setting.  For good or ill,
the decision to punt this feature is going to be held up as a
measuring stick in future feature discussions.. most assuredly.

-jef