Meeting summary/minutes from today's FESCo meeting (2010-09-14)

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 15 00:48:13 UTC 2010

Hi FESCo members,

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 16:01 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> ===================================
> #fedora-meeting: FESCO (2010-09-14)
> ===================================
>
> Meeting started by nirik at 19:30:01 UTC. The full logs are available at
> http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-09-14/fesco.2010-09-14-19.30.log.html
>
> Meeting summary
> ---------------
> * init process  (nirik, 19:30:01)
>   * pjones and ajax are traveling today, will not be able to attend.
>     (nirik, 19:30:30)

Only 5 of the 9 FESCo members voted on this issue. If all 9 had voted,
even with the current 3 for / 2 against vote, systemd could easily have
enough votes for inclusion in F14. I have a couple of questions for you,
FESCo, since I honestly don't know and maybe would feel more comfortable
knowing:

- Has there been any consideration for formalizing the acceptable of
absentee votes?

- How many members must be present at a meeting for a voting decision to
be considered valid?

- Is it possible to collect the votes of the folks who were not present?

Let me make one thing clear: if FESCo decides that this is the best
decision in the interest of Fedora, I trust you all completely to make
the right call. I am just coming away with the feeling that this is a
little closer to a dice roll - depending on who & how many showed up -
than I feel is really fair given the magnitude of the issue. This
decision while pending has come up as a topic time and time again in
Board meetings & community Q&A so it seems a major issue for a lot of
folks in Fedora. Therefore, I feel it should be something FESCo is quite
sure about.

Again, either way the decision goes - fine. It would be nice to hear
from the FESCo members not present on how they feel about the decision,
though.

Is anyone else feeling a little uncomfortable about the voting process,
irregardless of its conclusion?

~m