Meeting summary/minutes from today's FESCo meeting (2010-09-14)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Sep 15 11:42:14 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 16:01 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 3:56 PM, James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Much like we introduced and communicated btrfs support in F-11, should
> > we communicate systemd as a technology preview in Fedora 14?
>
> I would agree with this.  I certainly plan to run F14 with systemd in
> anticipation of seeing it become the default at some point.

Note that I think as currently implemented it won't really be
functional: the systemd-sysvinit package, which is currently obsolete,
doesn't *just* make systemd the default init system, it also contains
some stuff that's vital to systemd's sysv compatibility, AIUI. I think
Lennart will need to push a systemd-sysvinit package with a newer NEVR
(so it's not obsoleted) which includes the sysv compatibility but
*doesn't* make systemd the default init system, or something like that,
before it'll be practical to run systemd as an alternative to upstart in
F14.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey