Broadcom wifi drivers in F-14?

Michel Alexandre Salim michael.silvanus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 11:42:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 21:07:50 +0100, pbrobinson at gmail.com wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 8:31 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>> Seriously. I will go buy their stuff right now.
>>
>> I read that HP was doing this but haven't verified.
>
>>From supporting Sugar related deployments using the Fedora Sugar on a
> Stick with HP laptops I've not exactly seen that but I'm not sure if its
> pertaining to particular models. I know Dell in the past has offered
> their re branded Broadcom wifi with an option of Intel wifi for a £5
> premium. No idea if HP does similar.

Dell no longer offer a WiFi card choice, at least in Europe and even in
the US for their netbook lines.

Sony does ship Atheros WiFi cards by default, though, even on their
budget lines (I have the EB 15" and the W netbook). The memory card on
the netbook does not work, but that's a minor issue.

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
Fedora Project Contributor: http://fedoraproject.org/

Email:  salimma at fedoraproject.org  | GPG key ID: 78884778