Meeting summary/minutes from today's FESCo meeting (2010-09-14)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Sep 15 11:56:40 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 11:27 +0100, M A Young wrote:

> In this case the "bad feeling" is justified, because there were too many
> problems too late in the release cycle. It isn't a matter of whether all
> the known bugs are fixed but whether we can be reasonably confident that
> there aren't any more critical bugs that haven't been reported yet or have
> been introduced by the latest updates. Maybe there should be some sort of
> stability test for core features (eg. no major changes, no more than a
> certain number of blocker bugs raised) after the alpha phase.

This would need to be carefully handled, because all components are not
equal in terms of blocker bugs. systemd shares the position of anaconda
in being disproportionately subject to them, because *everyone* in the
distro uses it, and bugs in it are much more likely to be showstoppers
due to the role it performs. We probably had just as many blocker bugs
in anaconda for F14 as we did for systemd, or more; it's just the nature
of those particular beasts.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey