refining the feature process

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Sep 15 14:37:55 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 10:32 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 09:14:24AM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> > For people wanting to make big changes to F15.. Do it *now*!  F15 is in
> > its infancy.  It's taking shape.  If you want your feature to be a
> > defining feature of F15.  Get it in *now*.
>
> This seems like a completely sensible idea. However, it's not the current
> feature process. The Feature Freeze is currently immediately before the
> Branch Freeze, shortly before the Alpha Release.

I'm a bit confused. You spend the rest of the mail talking about when
the feature freeze is for F15, but I'm not sure why. As long as F15 is
open and it's not frozen (which it obviously isn't, yet) you can start
doing development in it. As John P said, we've already started approving
features for F15. So right now you can submit a feature for F15, have it
approved, and start committing it. What is it that makes you say it's
'not the current feature process'?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey