Problem while building mono-2.8

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 15:41:26 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've not come across this (mainly as I've not been that active due to a
mix of work problems and hardware problems which meant a big
re-install). Most of mono is built, but I've just hit this error

*** ERROR: No build ID note found
in /home/paul/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/mono-2.8-1.fc15.i386/usr/lib/mono/2.0/mscorlib.dll.so

googling suggests that there has been a change and that I need to add
LDFLAGS += --build-id in the build and install parts. I've not had to do
this before, so am I missing something and if I include it, will it then
fail to build on koji?

TTFN

Paul
--
Vertraue mir, ich weiss, was ich mache...