yet another git problem

Michel Alexandre Salim michael.silvanus at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 14:41:14 UTC 2010

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 10:21:02 -0400, Neal Becker wrote:

> Updating igraph to 0.5.4.  Success for devel and f14.  Then for f13 I
> get:
>
>> fedpkg switch-branch f13
> Branch f13 set up to track remote branch f13/master from origin.
>
>> git merge master
> CONFLICT (rename/delete): Rename .cvsignore->.gitignore in HEAD and
> deleted in master
> Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.
>
> Strange, that seems to be the same thing I did for f14.  How do I fix?

Sometimes the merge can be resolved without conflict if you first merge
an older commit; try finding the commit ID for the dist-git conversion on
the master branch, and on the F-13 branch, git merge COMMITID followed by
git merge master

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
Fedora Project Contributor: http://fedoraproject.org/