Linux and application installing

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 17 21:46:23 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 18:37 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 17 September 2010 16:39, FlorianFesti <ffesti at redhat.com> wrote:
> > open the payload and unpack the content of the desktop files...
>
> I got told by infrastructure this would take too much bandwidth and
> too much time to do on each compose.

 It takes "too much bandwidth and too much time" to create the checksums
for all the packages in rawhide on each compose, if you do it the
"simple" way and just open+read every package.
 This is what you may have been told, the person you were speaking to
probably assumed they didn't have to tell you that this just meant:

 You can still do it, just don't do it the "simple" way.