Fedora "backports" repo? (Was Re: PostgreSQL 9 for F14?)

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Sep 21 03:35:47 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 01:51:03 +0200,
  Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Setting up "official" backport repo will avoid repos fragmentation.
> Keeping all cool updates in one place appears to be a reasonable idea.
> Am I right?

If we had infinite manpower this might be doable on request. As things are,
the people that want to do this need to volunteer to do work to make it
happen. A good start would be setting up external repos and try to
maintain some group of rawhide packages for the in support releases.
If this was succesful, I expect getting Fedora infrastructure to make it
more official would be possible.