Fedora "backports" repo? (Was Re: PostgreSQL 9 for F14?)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Sep 22 12:57:49 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 08:20 -0400, Brandon Lozza wrote:
> That's why I propose an easy way to install additional repos. I can't
> see a non tech savvy user installing the chromium browser on fedora,
> to be brutally honest. It's annoying having to hold their hand and
> walk them through it. I don't see why the user can't double click the
> repo file and have some application do the work for them.

It's already possible, the chromium repo just isn't set up this way
(it's a bit of work). See the rpmfusion repo setup process for an
example. It's basically just an RPM which contains the repo definitions;
you double-click the RPM, PackageKit pops up and installs it, and hey
presto, you have a new repo.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey