Fedora "backports" repo? (Was Re: PostgreSQL 9 for F14?)

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 07:59:51 UTC 2010

On 23 September 2010 08:37, drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well this cycle there was "on the way to gnome3 and back" situation,
> which caused a lot of churn (even upstream).

For what it's worth, the GNOME "will we, won't we" on a few different
issues (GApplication, GTK3, etc) has cost a lot of developer time, and
from an upstream perspective was a royal pain in the behind. I think
Matthias has done a wonderful job keeping F14 in some sort of
semblance, even with all this upstream turmoil.

I think 2.32 is going to be a pretty good, stable release, but a lot
of people (myself included) are saving the new bells and whistles for
GNOME 3.0. Expect the Fedora 15 feature page for GNOME to read a
little more interesting, for sure.

Richard.