F-14 Branched report: 20100923 changes

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 18:01:16 UTC 2010

> [...]
>    + Paths with symlinks do not get 'real' absolute paths. (GNOME Bugzilla
>        * File wizard plugin:
>    + Create the corresponding header for a C source file. (GNOME Bugzilla
>        * GDB plugin:
>    + New 'set next statement' command. (GNOME Bugzilla #494292)
>  * Language support (C, C++, Java) plugin:
>    + Race condition leading to crash while editing. (GNOME Bugzilla #618314)
>    + Smart brace completion is no longer smart. (GNOME Bugzilla #618955)
>  * Terminal plugin:
>    + Do not become unresponsive when child execution fails. (GNOME Bugzilla
>        * http://download.gnome.org/sources/anjuta/2.31/anjuta-2.31.6.1.news
>  * http://download.gnome.org/sources/anjuta/2.31/anjuta-2.31.6.0.news
>  * http://download.gnome.org/sources/anjuta/2.31/anjuta-2.31.5.0.news
>  * http://download.gnome.org/sources/anjuta/2.31/anjuta-2.31.3.0.news
>  * http://download.gnome.org/sources/anjuta/2.31/anjuta-2.31.2.0.news
>
> * Wed Aug 04 2010 Debarshi Ray <rishi at fedoraproject.org> - 1:2.30.2.1-1
> - Version bump to 2.30.2.1.
>  * Document manager plugin:
>    + Open .ui files. (GNOME Bugzilla #616739)
>  * Language support (C, C++, Java) plugin:
>    + Support more Vim modelines.
>  * Language support (Javascript) plugin:
>    + Do not abort when working on a project with Javascript files. (GNOME
>      Project #617734)
>  * Symbol-db plugin:
>    + Wrong return type recognition. (GNOME Bugzilla #616780)
>  * http://download.gnome.org/sources/anjuta/2.30/anjuta-2.30.2.1.news
>  * http://download.gnome.org/sources/anjuta/2.30/anjuta-2.30.2.0.news
>
> * Thu May 27 2010 Debarshi Ray <rishi at fedoraproject.org> - 1:2.30.1.0-1
> - Version bump to 2.30.1.0.
>  * Do not free the same string twice. (GNOME Bugzilla #615718)
>  * Duplicated shortcut nodes. (GNOME Bugzilla #616740)
>  * Document manager plugin:
>    + Close documents by middle click. (GNOME Bugzilla #600083)
>  * GTodo plugin:
>    + Deselecting "Hide completed items" does not show completed items. (GNOME
>      Bugzilla #614751)
>  * Language support (C, C++, Java) plugin:
>    + Javascript plugins use incorrect LDFLAGS and end up having versioned
>      shared object files, links, etc.. (GNOME Bugzilla #615341)
>    + Completion for . and -> does not work with prefixed &, %, etc.. (GNOME
>      Bugzilla #615596)
>  * Project manager plugin:
>    + Consider Vala files as sources. (GNOME Bugzilla #616503)
>  * Symbol-db plugin:
>    + Improved symbol icons for members. (GNOME Bugzilla #611834)
>  * http://download.gnome.org/sources/anjuta/2.30/anjuta-2.30.1.0.news
> - Updated the GConf scriptlet snippets according to Fedora packaging
>  guidelines.
>
> * Thu May 20 2010 Rakesh Pandit <rakesh at fedoraproject.org> - 1:2.30.0.0-4
> - Bump (to fix a nuisance I created)
>
> * Thu May 20 2010 Rakesh Pandit <rakesh at fedoraproject.org> - 1:2.30.0.0-3
> - Bump to consume latest libgladeui-1.so.9

<snip>

> dovecot-2.0.1-1.fc14
> --------------------
> * Wed Aug 25 2010 Michal Hlavinka <mhlavink at redhat.com> - 1:2.0.1-1
> - dovecot and pigeonhole updated
> - sieve: sieved renamed to sieve-dump
> - when dsync is started as root, remote dsync command is now also executed
>  as root instead of with dropped privileges.
> - IMAP: QRESYNC parameters for SELECT weren't handled correctly.
> - UTF-8 string validity checking wasn't done correctly
> - dsync: Fixed a random assert-crash with remote dsyncing
>
> * Tue Aug 17 2010 Michal Hlavinka <mhlavink at redhat.com> - 1:2.0-1
> - dovecot and pigeonhole updated
> - dict quota didn't always decrease quota when messages were expunged
> - Shared INBOX wasn't always listed with FS layout
>
> * Wed Aug 11 2010 Michal Hlavinka <mhlavink at redhat.com> - 1:2.0-0.21.rc5
> - dovecot and pigeonhole updated
> - Using more than 2 plugins could have caused broken behavior
> - Listescape plugin fixes
> - mbox: Fixed a couple of assert-crashes
> - mdbox: Fixed potential assert-crash when saving multiple messages
>  in one transaction
>
> * Thu Aug 05 2010 Michal Hlavinka <mhlavink at redhat.com> - 1:2.0-0.20.rc4
> - dovecot and pigeonhole updated
> - doveadm mailbox status: Fixed listing non-ASCII mailbox names.
> - doveadm fetch: Fixed output when fetching message header or body
> - doveadm director map/add/remove: Fixed handling IP address as parameter.
> - dsync: A few more fixes

<snip>

> [...]
>  + High: crmd: Fix handling of async resource deletion results
>  + High: crmd: Include the action for crm graph operations
>  + High: crmd: Make sure the membership cache is accurate after a sucessful fencing operation
>  + High: crmd: Make sure we always poke the FSA after a transition to clear any TE_HALT actions
>  + High: crmd: Offer crm-level membership once the peer starts the crmd process
>  + High: crmd: Only need to request quorum update for plugin based clusters
>  + High: crmd: Prevent everyone from loosing DC elections by correctly initializing all relevant variables
>  + High: crmd: Prevent segmentation fault
>  + High: crmd: several fixes for async resource delete
>  + High: mcp: Add missing headers when built without heartbeat support
>  + High: mcp: New master control process for (re)spawning pacemaker daemons
>  + High: PE: Avoid creating invalid ordering constraints for probes that are not needed
>  + High: PE: Bug lf#1959 - Fail unmanaged resources should not prevent other services from shutting down
>  + High: PE: Bug lf#2422 - Ordering dependencies on partially active groups not observed properly
>  + High: PE: Bug lf#2424 - Use notify oepration definition if it exists in the configuration
>  + High: PE: Bug lf#2433 - No services should be stopped until probes finish
>  + High: PE: Bug lf#2453 - Enforce clone ordering in the absense of colocation constraints
>  + High: PE: Correctly detect when there is a real failcount that expired and needs to be cleared
>  + High: PE: Correctly handle pseudo action creation
>  + High: PE: Correctly order clone startup after group/clone start
>  + High: PE: Fix colocation for interleaved clones
>  + High: PE: Fix colocation with partially active groups
>  + High: PE: Fix potential use-after-free defect from coverity
>  + High: PE: Fix previous merge
>  + High: PE: Fix use-after-free in order_actions() reported by valgrind
>  + High: PE: Prevent endless loop when looking for operation definitions in the configuration
>  + High: Resolve coverity RESOURCE_LEAK defects
>  + High: Shell: Complete the transition to using crm_attribute instead of crm_failcount and crm_standby
>  + High: stonith: Advertise stonith-ng options in the metadata
>  + High: stonith: Correctly parse pcmk_host_list parameters that appear on a single line
>  + High: stonith: Map poweron/poweroff back to on/off expected by the stonith tool from cluster-glue
>  + High: stonith: pass the configuration to the stonith program via environment variables (bnc#620781)
>  + High: Support starting plugin-based Pacemaker clusters with the MCP as well
>  + High: tools: crm_report - corosync.conf wont necessarily contain the text 'pacemaker' anymore
>  + High: tools: crm_simulate - Resolve coverity USE_AFTER_FREE defect
>  + High: Tools: Drop the 'pingd' daemon and resource agent in favor of ocf:pacemaker:ping
>  + High: Tools: Fix recently introduced use-of-NULL
>  + High: Tools: Fix use-after-free defect from coverity

Is it really necessary to include entire package change logs in the
rpm changelog? What is wrong with referencing either the included
changelog or a URL to a changelog that people can go and reference. I
remember this being discussed ages ago but I'm not sure if there was a
packaging policy instigated.

Peter