F-14 Branched report: 20100923 changes

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Fri Sep 24 17:55:08 UTC 2010

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> I would much prefer to generate the git log from the rpm changelog than
> vice-versa, though.  THe git log is going to contain more entries than the
> rpm changelog as little things get fixed from time to time that deserve a
> commit in git but don't deserve a mention in the rpm changelog.
>

> This should be pretty easy to do in fedpkg commit by having that perform
> its fedpkg clog action and then automatically adding that information into
> what the git message will be...

Wouldn't that duplicate entries in the Git changelog? If "fedpkg clog" takes
the topmost entry from the RPM changelog, that will be the same entry as last
time in those cases that deserve a commit in Git but don't deserve a mention
in the RPM changelog. It seems to me that fedpkg would have to search the Git
changelog for the text it took from the RPM changelog, and prompt the packager
for another log message if it's already there.

Björn Persson