PostgreSQL 9 for F14?

Devrim GÜNDÜZ fedora-list at gunduz.org
Mon Sep 27 05:51:40 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-20 at 17:32 +0200, Michał Piotrowski wrote:

> PostgreSQL 9 was released
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.1235
>
> Are there any chances to get this for F14?

Here comes the upstream packager. :)

I have done major rewrite in 9.0 spec file, and it now supports parallel
installation like Debian/Ubuntu does:

http://svn.pgrpms.org/browser/rpm/redhat/9.0/postgresql/F-13/postgresql-9.0.spec

I'm not sure whether Tom will use this new layout or not in Fedora
packages, but I can definitely say that upstream RPM repo will
definitely support F-14 once it goes stable.

Feel free to use that repo:

http://yum.pgrpms.org

which will hopefully turn into yum.postgresql.org over the next month or
so. This repo has more PG related packages as compared to Fedora.

-HTH

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org