[Test-Announce] Graphics Test Week this week! 2010-09-28: Nouveau

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Sep 28 06:29:01 UTC 2010

It's been creeping up, and now it's time: the world-famous Graphics Test
Week begins tomorrow (2010-09-28), with the Nouveau Test Day [1]. As
always, the event runs all day in #fedora-test-day on Freenode IRC. To
complete Graphics Test Week, the Radeon Test Day [2] takes place the
following day, Wednesday 2010-09-29, and the Intel Test Day [3] takes
place Thursday 2010-09-30.

As always, we'll be testing a range of graphics driver functions, and we
need as many people as possible to join in so we can evaluate the widest
possible range of hardware and identify as many bugs as possible for the
developers to fix. You can do all the testing from a live image - no
need for an installed copy of Fedora 14, though you can test that way
too if you like - and the testing is very easy, there are step-by-step
instructions for each test and for entering your results. And of course,
there'll be many people in IRC to help with testing and debugging.

If you can't make the nominated Test Day for your hardware, your testing
is still just as valuable: you can do the testing any other day and add
your results to the table on the Wiki page.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-09-28_Nouveau
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-09-29_Radeon
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-09-30_Intel
--