x86_64 as Fedora's primary platform

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Tue Sep 28 18:37:29 UTC 2010

Adam Williamson wrote:
> Which really aren't the same, because they're*software application*
> download sites which are detecting the OS you currently have installed
> in the assumption that that's likely what you want to install the
> software on.

OK, I think I've pinpointed where the conflict of interest originates.

Adam, people aren't looking for installing an OS every day. They look
for software to install every day. Most users are familiar with sites
like I mentioned. Where do I coin the term "most?" From web statistics
that show Windows has a majority of the market.

If you don't want to target "most" users then fine - I'll shut up.

PS. I was well aware that Mozilla Firefox and Pidgin are just one
software compared to Fedora which is a distribution of software. No need
to belittle me as you have continued to do.