bodhi v0.7.9 deployed

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Sep 29 04:31:02 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 05:51 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/xorg-x11-drv-geode-2.11.9-1.fc14
>
> This update is the perfect example for how this new update policy is
> completely broken and just cannot work.

Again, you're extrapolating way too far from a single problem case. The
problem is simply that we have the xorg-x11-drivers metapackage which
requires every single X driver and is in the critpath. There's various
ways we could adjust this so it's no longer the case. It's hardly
something that renders an entire policy invalid.

> A bugfix is now being held up for almost a month just because there's no
> proventester with the required hardware.

The proventesters are not an immutable set. There's certainly people who
have the hardware - anyone with an XO, and I see enough of them at
FUDCons. All we need is for one of them to sign up to be a proventester.
This isn't impossible either.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey