REVIEW/RFC: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Kevin/Updates_Policy_Draft

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 01:55:42 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 12:35:01 +0200,
>  Tomas Mraz wrote:
>>
>> - Avoid changing the user experence if at all possible. - this is too
>> strong condition. In some cases fixing a bug might inevitable change the
>> user experience and in some cases for example the user experience might
>> be just severally improved with the new release. So IMO this should be
>> reworded with much less strong wording such as 'Avoid major changes and
>> worsening the user experience if at all possible.'
>
> Perhaps the definition of "user experience" needs to get fleshed out a bit.
> I think the intent is that people should be able to easily do whatever
> they were doing before the update the exact same way after the update. If they
> need to learn something new after after the update, that's a problem.

It shouldn't be. Never be afraid of learning, even in the tightest of
situations. It is good for your brain. It helps with analytical
thinking.

Once constant learning becomes part of your life, you really don't get
bothered with UI changes.

Promoting "not learning" will drive the community lazy. I think the
educational system all over the world forces people to acknowledge
learning as burden. This is not good for humanity. I don't believe
that Fedora should follow this road of lazyness.

Orcan