Graphics Test Week final stretch: Intel

Manuel Escudero Jmlevick at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 11:19:04 UTC 2010

2010/9/30 Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>

> Graphics Test Week moves into its final stretch today / tomorrow
> (depending where you are!) with Intel graphics Test Day -
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-09-30_Intel . As with the
> others, this event runs all day in #fedora-test-day on Freenode IRC, and
> testing instructions and live images (same as for the other two days)
> are on the Wiki page. Intel graphics users, please come out and help us
> make sure Fedora 14's graphics support is as good as it can be!
> --
> Adam Williamson
> Fedora QA Community Monkey
> IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
> http://www.happyassassin.net
>
> --

I'm really busy right now and maybe I won't be able to participate, but it
will be great
if someone can test an Intel GMA 3100 (This is the graphics card I use in
F13)
because it doesn't support very well the Kwin Effects enabled and in VMWare
Player
I'm not able to have Aero Support inside a Virtual Windows 7 because the 3D
capabilities
are not "recognized" by the system... This issues are not present in other
distros (Kubuntu, OpenSUSE, Mandriva)
in their last versions even in LiveCD mode (where I can have a Transparent
KDE for example) and the computer is not slow.

I believe there is a problem with Fedora's support to my graphics card.

Hope someone can help to fix it in future releases...

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052
@GWave: jmlevick at googlewave.com
@Blogger: http://www.blogxenode.tk/ (Xenode Systems Blog)
PGP/GnuPG: DAE3 82E9 D68E 7AE4 ED31  1F8F 4AF4 D00C 50E7 ABC6