Is boost 1.46.1 in rawhide for real?

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Wed Apr 6 14:18:34 UTC 2011

Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> writes:

> I don't remember seeing a soname bump announcement for boost and since
> for branched it went from 1.46.0 to 1.46.1 and then back to 1.46.0, I don't
> want to start rebuilding stuff if this is going to happen in rawhide too.

It's not our plan te revert this in rawhide, but we plan to rebase again
later in the cycle, probably for 1.48.  I see that nothing has been
rebuilt against 1.46.1 yet, so what I could do is keep the patchlevel
and just drop the SONAME back to 1.46.0.  The changes between 1.46.0 and
1.46.1 _should_ be safe--not quite safe enough for pushing to F15, in my
opinion, but rawhide has seen worse.  That way boost users shouldn't
have to rebuild twice.

PM