Fedora SPEC Review Tool

Petr Sabata psabata at redhat.com
Thu Apr 7 08:38:37 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 01:11:26PM -0500, Jeffrey Ness wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> As I'm new to the community and RPM Package Review (and development), I figured a tool to assist with reviews would be a nice time saver.
>
> With that said I have a simple Python tool (still in early beta stages) which does just that.
>
> Keeping with the concept of sharing, I wanted to hand this tool out to the community and get any feedback from y'all:
>
>   https://github.com/jness/spec_checks
>
> This tool uses the "Package Review Guidelines" written by Tom 'spot' Callaway:
>
>   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ReviewGuidelines
>
> Thanks for your time
> Jeffrey-

I've been putting something similar together [1], to simplify the process.
It doesn't do much at the moment (a checklist with mock/koji rebuild support)
and is quite ugly :)

I like your config files idea. I currently just use CSV templates with severity
and items...

[1] https://github.com/contyk/fedret

--
Petr 'contyk' Sabata, Red Hat