The future of FTBFS?

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Thu Apr 7 16:44:08 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 05:11:00PM +0100, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> On 7 April 2011 16:02, Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch at dell.com> wrote:
> > Question is, is it valuable enough to the Project as a whole, that
> > someone else should take it on now?
>
> Absolutely!
>
> Actually, have you published you use to BFS the scripts anywhere?

http://linux.dell.com/files/fedora/FixBuildRequires/ftbfs-nov08.tgz

though I admit the scripts are ugly as sin, and if someone were to
take this on, the first thing to do would be rewrite them all in a
non-bash language.  Some of the individual helper scripts for
obtaining info from bugzilla, filing bugs in bugzilla, retriving the
list of package owners and emails, etc, would be nice to have in a
common library.

(FWIW, when I started the project, I did it because we had a need
around the Fedora 6 time frame to find out what was going to break in
a mass rebuild, the first for Fedora.  I dind't intend it to live so
long, but as with all good ideas, they take on a life of their own.)

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist