Status of pino in F15

Alex Hudson fedora at alexhudson.com
Fri Apr 8 07:58:02 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I apologise if this sounds like a bit of an extended whinge; it's not
meant to but I'm not sure how better to raise these issues.

I've spent a half-hour this morning going through various bits of pino
and raising appropriate bugs, as I'm now using F15 as my full-time
system (and I'm a heavy user of pino from F14).

Now, pino in F14 wasn't great particularly with the issues around
twitter support. I don't know what has happened since then, though, but
it's basically unusable now. Feel free to go through my bugs, but as
highlights:

 * it doesn't minimise anywhere on the gnome3 desktop
 * it doesn't automatically refresh
 * clicking on friend's names gets a / filesystem listing

In addition, [re] tweeting/denting fails randomly in a pattern I've not
yet been able to nail down for a bug report, there are large chunks of
unfinished UI and stuff which plain doesn't work. I bz'd the missing
menu items; there are also icons and right-click menu items which do
nothing.

Now, pino is currently a default package in the "Graphical Internet". I
would argue that right now, unless there is some super-ninja plan, it
should be demoted to optional at best. It should not be on the live CD
in this state.

I apologise for bringing this up so late in the beta cycle - I'm sure
the beta is spinning as I type - but I honestly don't think it can ship
in this state.

Cheers

Alex.

--
This message was scanned by Better Hosted and is believed to be clean.
http://www.betterhosted.com