critpath approval process seems rather broken

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Sat Apr 9 00:27:09 UTC 2011

For the past several days I've been getting daily nagmails about the
fact that libtiff hasn't been pushed into f13 (example attached).
Because it's a critpath package, I as the lowly maintainer do not have
privileges to push it stable, not even after two weeks.  Those who do
have privileges to approve this sort of thing evidently are paying no
attention to f13 packages, not even security bugs on critpath packages.

I will refrain from ranting, and just point out that something is
pretty darn broken about this process.  Why are the nagmails going
to someone with no power to fix the problem?  Shouldn't somebody
with approval power be paying more than zero attention to older
branches?

			regards, tom lane