[Test-Announce] Fedora 15 Beta RC1 Available Now!

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Apr 9 00:35:19 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 13:19:55 -0700,
  Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> Would it make more sense to refer to these as "Alpha Candidate", "Beta
> Candidate" and "Release Candidate" ?  ac{1,2,3}, bc{1,2}, rc1  ?
>
> It does mean the name will change at each stage, but it should be more
> descriptive as to what stage we're in.
>
> Thoughts?

This seems reasonable. For those of us that worry about alpha and beta
releases the old scheme made sense, but people that aren't involved in
that could be confused and the scheme above would be clearer for that
group. With the lists being index by search engines it isn't difficult
for people who wouldn't understand the context to run across the terms,
so it's reasonable to worry about it.