critpath approval process seems rather broken

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sun Apr 10 21:07:36 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-04-10 at 21:47 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:

> I would generally agree with the brokenness of critical path. I
> maintain the libraries that provide support for certain fruit based
> iDevices and for some reason they're classed as crit path where as
> clutter which is one of the core libraries of gnome 3 and its not. I
> don't get it!

This is really a pretty different complaint, and I'm not sure it's
justified. The definition of critical path is perfectly clear. 'Weird'
packages being part of the critical path usually simply happens through
dependencies; some package that really *is* vital happens to depend on
your library.

(What I'd like to be able to do in this kind of case is have Bodhi
explain, hey, this package is critpath because $THIS_OTHER_PACKAGE
depends on it, and if $THIS_OTHER_PACKAGE is working okay, then this
package has fulfilled its critpath responsibilities, go ahead and +1
it).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey