Vala 0.12 is out -- thoughts on updating the F-14 package?

Brian Pepple bpepple at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 11 15:34:34 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 5:54 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Why is this update a benefit for Fedora 14?  Does it break any
>> compatibility?  Have you done any testing with the affected packages?
>
> With the question of "would the package maintainers let me know if
> this is currently possible?" my guess would be no, but then it was a
> question.
>
> I think the shipping version of shotwell will have issues if it needs
> to be recompiled but its worth noting that as vala only generates C
> code which is then run native that apps shouldn't be affected. That
> said I don't have the time to go through and test my list of vala
> packages at the moment.

I'm out of town right now, and won't get a chance to do any testing
before tomorrow night, but based on my  past experiences with folks +
vala, I would lean against updating vala in our stable releases.

Later,
 /B
--
Brian Pepple <bpepple at fedoraproject.org>

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Bpepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B  CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E