bodhi auto-obsoleting disabled?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 17:28:44 UTC 2011

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 10:53:24 -0600, Kevin wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Apr 2011 10:27:05 +0200
> Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
> > Caution, everyone!
> >
> > It seems that bodhi no longer obsoletes update tickets when submitting
> > newer ones. Currently, there are several competing test-updates, where
> > a ticket exists for an old and a new release. But only the older
> > release is found in the repo actually due to a bug in bodhi (either
> > regression or still unfixed, but it has been reported long ago). E.g.
> > libchamplain and libinfinity.
>
> Auto obsoletes haven't been disabled... it looks like the old
> libchamplain had a stable request already on it,

No, you're misreading things:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libchamplain-0.9.1-1.fc15
* bodhi - 2011-04-03 15:34:42
This update has been submitted for testing by pbrobinson.
* bodhi - 2011-04-09 12:44:46
This update has been submitted for stable by pbrobinson.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libchamplain-0.10.0-1.fc15
* bodhi - 2011-04-05 15:18:39
This update has been submitted for testing by tbzatek.
* bodhi - 2011-04-11 09:18:46
This update has been submitted for stable by tbzatek.

> then the new one was
> submitted. Bodhi won't obsolete a update that has a pending request on
> it. ;(
>
> This sort of thing is more likely to happen in freezes. ;(

Bad, bad, bad. No response to my comments inside those bodhi tickets.
Meanwhile, both packages have been requested to be pushed to stable,
but one of them has never been in updates-testing.