rfc/headsup: graphics driver packaging in F16+

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Wed Apr 13 13:10:00 UTC 2011

On 4/13/11 9:09 AM, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> ... should we work on making qemu/kvm default to something more modern/sane?
> (qxl, vmware?) Does it not end up mattering (or do we need cirrus for
> legacy OS support)?

It ends up being a function of the guest OS - vmware's Windows driver
will refuse to run on anything but vmware's hypervisor, etc - which
means that's really more of a virt-manager question.

That said, the dumb vesa support in kvm is quite possibly a better
choice as a default than cirrus, as the latter is limited (by the choice
of chip emulated!) to 1024x768.

- ajax