Firefox releases, going forward

Chris Jones chrisjones at comcen.com.au
Thu Apr 14 07:34:38 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:55 AM
Subject: Re: Firefox releases, going forward

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Chris Smart
<fedora at christophersmart.com> wrote:
> Given that Mozilla is dramatically changing the development of Firefox
> and making releases much more frequent - i.e. Firefox 5 due in July, 6

Further:
http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2011/04/13/new-channels-for-firefox-rapid-relea
ses/

-c

I reckon this is fantastic news for Firefox users. My only hope is that
various Linux distributions can keep up with faster cycle of Firefox
releases and include the updates in their repos. Because I can see that the
current Firefox inclusion model, not only for Fedora but Ubuntu too, is
seriously going to generate issues when Mozilla speeds up the release cycle
of Firefox.

Regards

Chris Jones