Systemd unit file implementation questions (ypbind)

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 15:28:51 UTC 2011

On 04/14/2011 03:14 PM, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
> I had such situation when I worked on shorewall scripts conversion. I
> just didn't converted main shorewall-init script. At that time, I just
> did not have idea how to run bash loop in systemd service:)

Using bash loop within systemd is and should be only done because of
absolute necessity for oddball cases and is a clear indicator if used
that something needs fixing.

If upstream is unwilling to do the necessary work to fix the broken
behaviour in their service then it's better to not convert the files to
systemd et all and just use continue to use the sysv script as is.

JBG