ntfs-3g_ntfsprogs-2011.4.12

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Apr 15 14:00:38 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 03:20:02PM -0400, Tom Callaway wrote:
> On 04/12/2011 10:36 AM, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Ntfs-3 and ntfsprogs codebases were merged into one
> > http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=27338863
> >
> > Is there a chance to get this for F15? I do not know how it looks from
> > the Fedora maintainers POV, but the transition to the newer version
> > should benefit in the future - ntfs-3g updates for F15.
>
> I'm waiting on an email from the ntfsprogs upstream to make sure this is
> a legitimate merger and not a hostile takeover.

Hmmmm ...  You've pushed this combined package to F13, F14, F15 and
Rawhide.

I thought F15 was supposed to be frozen, and is such a big change good
for F13 and F14?

Well in any case it's happened, but I can't rebuild libguestfs in F15.
I get[1]:

  DEBUG util.py:247:  Error: No Package found for ntfsprogs

which seems strange because it should be provided by the new combined
package.

Rich.

[1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=3001866

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top