Importing PS to LibreOffice

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sun Apr 17 13:14:33 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have a pile of postscript files (mix of graphics and text) that I
really need to get into LibreOffice, but I've hit two snags.

If I do a direct import, I get lots of text which looks like raw
postscript. If I open in eVince (or something similar) and do a copy and
paste to LibreOffice, I get gibberish on the screen (eVince displays
correctly, LibreOffice doesn't)

I've tried converting the ps files to pdf and importing the pdf directly
in, but again, gibberish on screen. The graphics thankfully import fine.

pdf2html generates garbage as well.

I'm not sure, but am I hitting a ghostscript issue?

libreoffice-writer-3.3.2.2-6.fc16.x86_64
ghostscript-9.02-3.fc16.x86_64
evince-2.91.90-2.fc16.x86_64

Paul

--
Vertraue mir, ich weiss, was ich mache...