AutoQA: distro congestion?

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 03:19:05 UTC 2011

On 04/16/2011 01:52 PM, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I built two sets of security updates for f13/f14/f15 and autoqa rejected
> the f13/f14 packages. It looks like autoqa is waiting for the packages
> to be properly pushed to f<N+1> stable before green-lighting the
> matching package for f<N>. Do I have to wait until the packages for f15
> are pushed to repush the packages for f14 and then wait again for
> pushing into f13? Or is there some automatism that reevaluates and
> repushes packages w/o any further intervention from the packagers?
>
> I guess this is also slowing down the people that grant the package
> push. Previously they could evaluate the package updates in one sweep,
> now they will see and approve the "same" package in three cycles.

Others have already commented on this, but I wanted to re-state that
AutoQA is only in an informative mode right now. Any bodhi comments made
by AutoQA have no karma and are not used for anything other than
information. This will change sometime in the future, but not until at
least the F16 timeframe.

I took a look at your packages in bodhi [1] and was only able to find
one update with FAILED comments from AutoQA. Are there updates that I'm
missing here?

Looking at the depcheck output for mediawiki-1.16.4-57.fc13, however, I see:

mediawiki-nomath-1.16.4-57.fc13.x86_64 from pending has depsolving problems
  --> mediawiki-nomath conflicts with php-common

This stems from the addition of the "Conflicts: php-common = 5.3.1" that
was added to the spec file [2] for 1.16.2-56.

I assume that this isn't the only package with a "Conflicts:" in the
spec and have filed a ticket against autoqa to better handle these
issues [3].

Tim

PS - you will generally get a faster response to AutoQA related
questions by posting to autoqa-devel at lists.fedorahosted.org instead of
just devel@

[1] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/user/athimm
[2]