AutoQA: distro congestion?

Andreas Bierfert andreas.bierfert at lowlatency.de
Mon Apr 18 10:57:55 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-04-18 at 04:35 -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > I built two sets of security updates for f13/f14/f15 and autoqa
> > rejected
> > the f13/f14 packages. It looks like autoqa is waiting for the
> packages
> > to be properly pushed to f<N+1> stable before green-lighting the
> > matching package for f<N>.
>
> I suppose you're talking about upgradepath test. Yes, that's exactly
> its behavior.

This seems wrong to me. If I as a packager create an upgrade in bodhi,
autoqa should consider what is present in f<N+1> not only as stable
package but also as proposed upgrade. It should then impose a constraint
that the upgrade for f<N> can only be pushed to stable if f<N+1> is
pushed to stable at the same time (or obviously independently before).

Seeing a failed upgradepath test comment at least gives me the wrong
feeling on what is going on.

- Andreas
--
BrandAss Andreas Bierfert, M.Sc. | phone: +49 6897 1721738 | GPG: C58CF1CB
andreas.bierfert at lowlatency.de   | fax:   +49 6897 1722828 | signed/encrypted